Thursday, June 13, 2013

Movie Review: Beauty On Duty

image
Plot Summary: A female cop (Charlene Choi) goes under cover as a beauty pageant contestant to protect the daughter of a key witness.

I know the plot sounds a lot like Miss Congeniality, it’s nothing close to it so don’t even try to compare the two. I was very bored that day so I decided to watch this movie. Most Hong Kong movies I watch are comedies, so I don’t expect much about character development or whatever. This movie isn’t great but it did made me laugh. Since it’s a beauty pageant theme I did get flashed by a billion girls in bikinis (ugh). Of course there was romance (it’s pretty ridiculous but oh wells). The action scenes were good, the main girl fights well. Sandra Ng is another cop in here and she plays her usual annoying but hilarious character. So…I recommend this movie if you are bored during summer and wants to watch something funny.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQkW3D4N2tk


-Yuanie-

No comments:

Post a Comment