Tuesday, April 16, 2013

K-POP Rant: Controversial MV Scenes

I recently came across this lovely article about M.I.B’s controversial car scene in their MV.

Oh no, one of the members is exposing his upper body by standing in the car. Dear God. Not that. Anything but that. Our children will die.

I’m not defending M.I.B personally because honestly, I didn’t know they existed until about 12 hours ago and I do not care about them in the slightest.

I know there’s tons of scenes that are deemed controversial by netizens and other mysterious figures other than M.I.B’s. I know that children mimicking them could be dangerous, but they’re children. Cars have something called brakes to stop the car and parents have something called authority to make their children sit down.

This article irked me. How is that scene controversial and PSY’s Gentleman MV a gift sent from musical gods? I’m honestly not trying to hate PSY, but I can’t help comparing. In PSY’s whole MV, they’re treating a girl with absolutely not respect. I guess kids aren’t going to watch this viral MV and think pulling someone’s seat away from them would be funny.

I would have just kept the car scene.

-Cassis-

No comments:

Post a Comment