Friday, May 31, 2013

Rich Man, Poor Woman Drama Review

image

Plot: Basically a very successful CEO of an internet company (Next Innovation) meets this girl in her last year of college who can’t find a job. He has a cold and horrible personality while she’s your usual bright girl, but this drama is not filled with romance.

Shun Oguri plays the CEO Toru Hyuga, and he is an amazing actor. He is my favorite character because his personality is just awesome LOL. Also he is super cool in the drama, he’s this genius computer guy who creates lots of technology stuff. (I don’t really want to spoil a lot, sorry for the crappy description)

Makoto Natsui played by Satomi Ishihara is the smart college student who gets employed. I have mixed feelings about her, sometimes I’m like “U GO GIRL” then I find her unbelievably stupid. Overall I still like her, they make a cute pair.

The two second leads are actually siblings in the drama. One thing, WHAT IS UP WITH THEIR HAIR. SO FUGLY. It annoyed me so much throughout the drama gaaaah. Other than that…the second female lead wasn’t as annoying as most second leads in jdramas. She only tried to sabotage their relationship one time (and it backfired), and rest of the time she just acted as their friend (sincerely).

Now about the drama itself, it was okay. Despite the horrible name, the first few episodes were actually exciting. Then it reaaaaaally dragged when it reached episode 5. It was focusing way too much on the internet company and the whole crisis. The romance was really put on a halt until episode 8 (if you watch this drama it’s okay to just skip 5 and 6, not missing much since the recap covers it). They did show character developments though, how Toru starts to change for the better because of Makoto.


image


There were cute moments between the two leads, but the last two episode annoyed me so much UGH. Oh and since it’s a jdrama there are loooots of inspirational speeches LOL. Sometimes it was cheesy.
Overall I liked it, a nice short drama (only 11 episodes). I really love Shun Oguri’s acting, I feel like he made up for everything else that annoyed me. If you don’t like lovey dovey dramas then this is good for you. It has a strong plot around the company and the romance is waved in nicely with it. Time to watch the specials now~


-Yuanie-















No comments:

Post a Comment