Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thorn Flower Korean Drama Rant

image

Synopsis (taken from DramaWiki): Jun Se Mi was once a nice and pure person. But that all changes when she is betrayed by her lover, loses her family, and raped. Her traumatic past pushes her on a path of vengeance against the people who wronged her and made her life into shambles.

Since it’s a rant so it’s going to be full of spoilers.


I usually stay away from daily dramas because the plot gets so confusing and horrible with a disappointing ending. I don’t really know why I started watching this, I think it’s because of the casting. It’s a revenge drama so it gets addicting. I’m at episode 23 and a bunch of stuff already happened. There’s the possibility that the main girl and guy are half-siblings. UGH. NO. I SORT OF SHIP THEM SO WRITER CAN’T DO THIS TO ME.
Then the guy Se Mi is tempting falls sooooooooo in love with her you feel bad for him GAAH. I know it’s bad cuz he ruined her life and everything but I just can’t help it they look so nice together D: I don’t support incest so PLEASE DONT BE RELATED.
Se Mi comes back as Jennifer Dyer, but I hate how no one pronounces her name correctly. I get it Koreans don't say the "f" sound and it comes out like "p" instead. Why not pick a name that they can pronounce? All I hear is "Jenni-puh" or "Jenni-po" gaaaaaah.
Anyways, the main guy is played by Kang Kyung Joon and revenge girl is Jang Shin Young.
image

image

Se Mi also has a son from her previous relationship but she already married Kang Kyung Joon’s character so what’s going to happen? Also she has so many enemies how is her revenge going to play out? Why is her first love (her son’s dad) such a freaking coward, his wife cheated on him and all but he just says nothing about it? He says he still loves Se Mi but he just freaking abandoned her when she was in vegetable state!! My wise decision is I shall wait for this to finish airing because I really can’t sit around going through 120 episodes and be left unsatisfied.

-Yuanie-

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what page you saw the drama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I saw this drama on a Chinese website because the translations and releases were really fast. I am not sure if there are English subtitles because it's not that popular :/

    ReplyDelete