Friday, February 1, 2013

First Impression: MR.MR's Highway

image

First thought: Don’t know anything about this rookie group MRMR. Honestly I stumbled upon their new mv “Highway” on my Chinese web (happens a lot lol). I decided to give it a try, so here is my mv review.

MV Review:
image

Liking the beat in the beginning, are they going with a dark concept? Lol the blonde, I always look at the one with blonde hair first. Their dance is pretty cool too.
image

Oh so there’s a storyline in the mv instead of just dancing, me gusta. She looks like she’s locked up by him. Why? Gross…can food. Why would you try to give her can food? Well I guess in this situation he isn’t rich or anything but still… Lol at the random bottle next to him.
image

No kpop male idol groups’ mv are complete without touching the crotch area at least once. Har.

image

Woaaaah now she’s trying to shot him, so he did kidnap her. Why didn’t she use the bigger gun? Anyways she didn’t actually shoot him, and the mv explains that the guy is a killer. He should of killed her but he didn’t cuz he…fell in love with her?

image

LOOL that’s one nicely dressed and pretty gang. They come to warn him that he needs to kill the girl. Pose with gun. Shoots her picture. Pose. Looks back. Pose. Walks out.

image

She dies. I didn’t feel like crying or felt bad…maybe it’s bad acting. But awww she saves him by giving up her life. Gang is still posing, ready for a photo shoot at all times. He didn’t cry when she died, I felt like it was an appropriate moment for him to shed a tear or two.

image

Idk why this scene haunted me so much. His driving with her dead body in the car and reaches out to stroke her face. Ugh it creeps me out!!! I remember this part the most out of the whole mv.

Conclusion: The mv was confusing at first, but then it pieces together nicely. The ending scene is still haunting me = = I’m guessing that the main guy acting is the group leader. The song is catchy, I really like the beginning part lol. I’m really glad they added a storyline in the mv, even though the acting was meh and the gang is just…facepalm. I wouldn’t call myself a fan yet, but I am willing to listen to their future comebacks. Pose. Ends post. Pose.


-Yuanie-

No comments:

Post a Comment