Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Michelle Phan: the things I don't like


You all know who she is, Michelle Phan, the famous youtube guru. I still remembered the day I watched her first video and the thought that came to my head was: woah, I hate the music she is using and she fails at trying to teach me how to put on eyeliner. Going back on the music, omg it distracted me so much and I just wanted to get the sound out of my ears and unhear it. I discovered her when she was rapidly raising into her fame. So I won't call myself an ex-fan because I was never really a fan. I wouldn't say I hate her, but I do occasionally get jealous and dislike her.
Alright, let's go down my list. First, her "poor story".
Now I'm not super clear on her whole poor story thing, but I get that her family was having financial troubles. Okay, first thing I think is if your family was having troubles, what are you doing making videos instead of trying to solve the problems. And if she had food to eat, clothes, and extra money to buy makeup that's not really "poor".
Second, her whole IQQU scandal. Long story short, her products weren't FDA approved but she kept insisting they were. And there's a whole fight and stuff but the point is, she LIED. Like to her fans' face. This is not a "I ate your cheesecake but I told you I didn't" lie, it was serious and that stuff goes on your face. So I don't know how I can trust her after that.

Her makeup tutorials, I don't know about the others but I was never tempted to try any looks she came up with. They are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too heavy and thick and just...blah. Like if I wore that look above I'm pretty sure people will think I'm a hooker or something. I don't even want to pack all that crap on my face, my skin likes to breathe tyvm. Some of her videos were good, but overall nothing too inspiring. I prefer bubzbeauty. Another thing she does that annoys me, melting pencil liners with hair dryer. Ok. Some new idea you came up with. Cool, now what am I suppose to do with a pencil liner that's been melted after one use? Sit there and sharpen it for 10 min everytime I do my makeup? No thanks. Also, does she even have a proper make up license?

Michelle Phan's clothes. Expensive. High fashion. Not good for everyday wear. Her outfit videos are totally pointless, it's more like "hey look at what I can afford and wear everyday". Most of us own t-shirts and jeans, not high class weird looking dresses and stuff. So..no, another failure in my opinion.

We all know that Michelle Phan is now a rep for Lancome. What does that mean? More makeup videos that are now filled with expensive make up that we can't afford. YAY~ I mean at my age I use drug store make up and Lancome is for like, women who have a good paying job and money to spare. I guess it's part of her job to promote their products but come on, people are tired of advertising and there's enough commercials in the world -_-. And is it just me but she looks like she got punched in the picture above, umm another make up look I will not be using :). So there goes my jealousy part, she owns loads of expensive makeup that will just rot in her closet.


 
Oh yeah, her advertising doesn't just stop at Lancome. She also started her own jewelry line, Ever Garden? Everst? Idk the name. So...more stuff she's asking people to buy. and they are not even that attractive, not to me anyways. I rather buy my jewelry at Forever 21 for like 5 bucks. Yeah.
Also her new line ipsy, YAY FOR MORE WAYS TO SPENT MY MONEY. Make up bag every month, harharhar and what do I do with all those bags? Fill it with dust? Okay sounds good to me. I guess it's....fun receiving new makeup products every month but it also sounds a bit wasteful to me. I rather just buy something I really want instead of getting mini sizes of random stuff.
Her short film love stories.....just no. Cheesy, typical, and far-stretched. It's good for when you want to know how love will never happen.
Okay reader, if you are still with me it's now time to talk about her.........boyfriend~~~


He is some Swiss model...? Name is Dominique Capraro. LOL I gotta say she is lucky. Not many girls get to be as rich as her and date a hot model. He is pretty cute, with a nice body. Adds to why I dislike her LOL.
Last but not least.......Michelle Phan with Big Bang </3


How can I not be jealous? How can I not dislike her? HOW???!!! SHE MET BIG BANG GAWWWWWWWWWWWH. That was actually what inspired this post lol. She met my babies and look at that, Taeyang with an arm around her D:< At least TOP is far from her, good, stay away from her.
Coclusion: I still don't like Michelle Phan and probably never will.

-Yuanie-








1 comment: