Tuesday, December 25, 2012

First Impression- Jay Chou's 12 New Works (Part 1)



                      


Very first thought: YUSH. OMG MY FAVORITE SINGER IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM *fan girling*

First Impression: Now I know Jay said he will be doing a traditional Chinese style song in every album, so I was very excited about that because I know he does an amazing job every time. It is called "Worldly Inn" (红尘客栈), and basicly he is talking about how this great fighter/swordsman will "retire" from the fighting going on in the world and be with his loved one. I watched the mv and I was sort of disappointed that Jay was not acting in it so that wasn't a big hit with me. However the song was good and lyrics were meaningful, another Jay Chou style composition.
His next song "Obviously" (明明就) ...I think that's the right translation ^_^; is a really good song!! I like how the guy is singing about how the girl should pick someone else because he is better and would make her happier. It's very catchy and we hear Jay's vocal ranges~~ But again...the mv was meh -_- I don't really like Jay's new image...
 
 Like come on Jay.....you are like 30ish and the blonde hair and crazy abs is just....not working for me. But as your loyal fan I shall support you! The rest of the songs are the album are....interesting. Some are like totally wutever and some are catchy. Such as "Big Ben"(大笨钟)and "Sign Language" (手语). He had some autotune in one or two songs, I think it's because he is trying to fit in with the trend that's going on but he doesn't need ANY autotune at all.  For now, I wouldn't say it's the strongest comeback from Jay, but it's definitely nice to hear from him again <3. Rest of the album will be released later~
A word for haters, you guys say he mumbles and cannot sing and wutever. Back off. This man is a musical genius with a talent that's RARELY seen in anyone. His lyrics are poetry and the songs just touches my heart. If you can compose and write as good as him AND sing then congrats, you may bash on him. If not, you have no right to hate on him.
 Conclusion: YAY FOR JAY'S COMEBACK, CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR REST OF THE ALBUM!
-Yuanie-

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I really agree when you mentioned the reasons people dont like him. Yeah, they dont know what songs are, they just see the popularity of a singer, like Kpop, because kpop is very popular nowadays so they like it? I think they dont know the meaning of the songs.
    Lol
    Thanks for being open to all of us
    Im also a very big fan of Jay Chou and I like almost all of his songs. His songs are great.

    ReplyDelete