Wednesday, December 26, 2012

J-Rock: The Gazette

The Beginning: I first came across them through my friend's tumblr and the first song I heard of theirs was 'Cassis'. I instantly fell in love. Come to mama, let me love you.

Cassis: This being the first MV I watched, I had no idea who any of them were. They all looked the same. The only one who stood out was "the guy with the thing covering his nose", for obvious reasons. I still loved the song though and replayed it forever until it became my life's background music. This was the song that made me trip and fall in love with them. My favorite song of theirs.

Taion: This song isn't my favorite nor do I fancy it as much as some of their other songs. At some parts of the song, I thought it was pretty good and at other times, I didn't like it. Overall though, I did not like this weird uncomfortable feeling the song gave me. It made my heart beat faster as if I was scared or nervous and I got itchy in my skin. The MV didn't help this feeling either. I eventually googled the song because maybe it would know if I was allergic to this song or not. I quickly found out the behind story of the song and I thought it was amazing that they made me feel the way I did without knowing the lyrics or the story.
This song was a tribute to Junko Furuta.
I ended up reading about her murder through the comments on YouTube and Wikipedia. I still can't express in words how I feel thinking about what had happened to her. In short, she was a teenager who was kidnapped, tortured, and slowly died alone. It sounds like something you hear from time to time, but when you go in depth, you don't know what to think. Anger. Sadness. Fear.
The song was really a worthy tribute to her in my opinion because it was able to draw out an appropriate response from me with just their song. That rarely or never happens.

Members (Left to right in the above picture):
Aoi, Reita, Ruki, Kai, Uruha.
I'll only talk about the ones who caught my eye first.
Ruki. The lead singer. I don't have enough ovaries for you to explode. Forever my favorite. I should just only talk about you since your my favorite, but I'm going to start foaming in the mouth.
Reita. Play me like your guitar.
Aoi. The way it looked like you were just making out with your guitar on stage during the guitar solo definitely caught my eye. Moar.

Sorry Kai and Uruha. It's not that I don't love you, but the other three...heart.

Anyways: I honestly wasn't interested in them in the first second I saw them because I realized they were a visual-kei rock band, but screw that. They're the first and only visual-kei band I'll love.

-Cassis- (I used their song as my name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment