Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Impression- Jay Chou's 12 New Works (Part 2)


 
 
First: OMG, YUSH WHOLE ALBUM RELEASED!!!!! I BEEN WAITING!

There's a few things I have to say about this album, and that is this IS one of the best comebacks Jay has ever had. I liked the two different styles he used, one was the traditional Chinese (Worldly Inn, Gong Gong with Headache) and the others were European style (Ming Ming Jiu, Big Ben). The mvs for those four songs are released and it's worth checking out, especially "Gong Gong with Headache" xD
I love how there's two different feels in the album, and the European style mvs were beautiful with sceneries from London and Scotland. Also the comedy mv was really good entertainment, you can read about that in Random's review of the mv.
Now I didn't know about this till now but his album is named "12 New Works" because this is his 12th album, he has debuted for 12 years and it is released in December, 2012. Oh, and there's 12 new songs. So he has that whole 12 thing going on lol.


Rest of the songs on his album are catchy, the usual C-pop style, slowish with a good beat. I love the lyrics, they are always what makes Jay's songs amazing. "Ai Ni Mei Cha"(爱你没差) is actually a duet, they are singing about how it is too late for them to be together and love one another. "Meng Xiang Qi Dong" (梦想启动), has a nice piano opening then it gets catchy. He is encouraging us to go after our dreams, believe in ourselves, don't give up easily and he will be cheerings for us :) His other love song "Na Li Dou Shi Ni" (哪里都是你), is actually one of the slower and sadder songs. Great piano playing in the background as always, and Jay's vocals are really really good in this song. Definitely one of my favorites. Then there's always the fun and cheerful song, "Wu Ke Li Li" (乌克丽丽). It has a Hawaiian feel to it, makes me feel like I'm at the beach. And the rhyming just kills me: you don't have to wear a bikini, your smile is very kawaii, vacation doesn't have to be in Hawaii.

Conclusion: I am super happy for Jay's comeback, I like probably 10 out of 12 songs. They are all worth a try and if you understand the lyrics it makes it soo much better. His pronounciation is getting good, like I can understand him without reading the lyrics :') Must of worked hard on that. I hope he will be releasing more mvs and I shall now bask in his songs. Welcome back Jay <3

-Yuanie-







No comments:

Post a Comment