Sunday, December 30, 2012

Over the Years: SHINee

image

Quick Bio: A five member group under SM entertainment. Debuted in 2008.

image

Debut:
Cassis - I knew about them from the very beginning when SM started to introduced them before their debut. The one thing I remember is how I saw Taemin’s age and was surprised that he was younger than me. I wanted to pat his head. I liked their debut song, and Onew’s hand gestures for ‘MVP’ was fun to mimic, but I wasn’t into them. From their debut performance, Onew and Key was my favorite.
image
Yuanie - The first k-pop video I ever watched was actually SHINee’s “Ring Ding Dong”, and I was hooked. I had the biggest crush on Jonghyun, he was just the star of the video for me and I couldn’t stop researching about them. Then I came across their older songs and everything about SHINee was just so cool and adorable. I instantly became their fan. I thought they were like the best thing ever. They are the ones who brought me into the world of k-pop.

image


Songs:
Cassis - Since I liked their debut song, I gave Love Like Oxygen a chance and please, no. I figured they’d be a group that would just fade away. SM songs always have catchy parts in their songs and I heard Amigo a few times and of course the only part that stuck to my head was “AMIGO!”. Still not a fan. Juliette was the same as the only part I know is “Juliette, oh~”. Then came the Ring Ding Dong days. That song still got stuck in my head forever. Made me rage. Lucifer made me consider Shinee again. I paid more attention to them because of this song and watched a few performances. I didn’t like Sherlock at first. I just thought it was a clash between two songs, which is was, but I didn’t like it. In the end, I found myself saying “I’M SO CURIOUS, YEAH~”. This is my favorite title song of theirs.
Yuanie - I LOVED “Replay”, it’s one of my favorite songs from SHINee. They were so cute and fresh, it was adorable :’). The other songs were okay, I wasn’t like super hooked on them. Like “Amigo” and “Juliette” were forgotten pretty quickly. Rest of the songs on the album was meh though, I listened to them once and that was it. ”Ring Ding Dong” was stuck in my head forever and I had it as my cellphone ring tone for quiet awhile. “Lucifer” was good, but I hated Jonghyun’s hair in the mv. It was horrible, like the stylist hated him or something. Other than that the song was catchy, listened to it for awhile too. I was pretty excited about “Sherlock” because it was a long time since their last debut. That was good. The concept and everything, me gusta. I liked almost all the songs on the album and that was a first with SHINee. I also like their Japanese songs, “Dazzling Girl” and “Run with Me”.


image



Members:
Cassis - My opinion of Onew hasn’t changed since he debuted. I liked him then and I like him now. Jonghyun went through a few ups and downs with me. He was just a member in the group at first. Then for a few years I hated him. Something about him just made me dislike him. No. Get away from me. I’m accepting of him now. My opinion of Key definitely changed. I liked him when he debut; I love him now. He might be my favorite. Minho. Oh, Minho. I find him so scary looking sometimes. I used to think he was love, but now it’s just no. Stay away from me. Taemin, the baby. Then, now, later. Come to mama.
Yuanie - Jonghyun was my absolute favorite. I didn’t care about the other members at all. Then that changed as I learned more about Onew, Key, Minho, and Taemin. Omg Onew, his love for chicken and finger power. He just makes my day, definitely loving him now. Diva Key, I did not like Key’s hair in “Ring Ding Dong” so I decided not to like him either. Woah, one time I will say don’t judge a book by its cover. Key is amazing! With his girl group dance covers and “diva” acts another member I love now. Minho, attracted by his good looks. One member that I actually don’t know a lot about, but he does have cute moments and I like his rapping. Taemin!!! He is just too adorable but cool at the same time. I thought he was too girly at first but he sure grew up and he is fineeeeee now.


image

Conclusion:
Cassis - I’m not a big fan of them, but if they come out with a new song then I’m willing to try it out. The main reason that Shinee never died with me is because I always saw them on variety shows. I may hate their songs, but I like them in shows which would make me want to try their music again. The more you hear the song, the less you hate it I guess. I lied. The real reason I kept Shinee in my life was because of comedian Jun Hyun Mu, Shinee’s biggest fan evar. If not for him and not for the variety shows, I wouldn’t have given them all those chances. So in the end, I went from having a little interest in them, to hating them, to now accepting them. Unfortunately, I don’t see them as singers, I see them as variety show entertainers.


image


Yuanie - Going to continue support SHINee!! The members are just so unique and cute in their own ways that I can’t help but love them all. Especially after watching Hello Baby I was like, I’m a fan for life. If laughing helps you live longer than thank you SHINee, you guys extended my life for 30 years. Their songs might not always be a hit with me but I like them more for their personalities. I love watching them perform too because their energy is just amazing, and Jonghyun’s vocals never fail to impress me. However my love for time did die down a little bit with EXO-M, EXO-K, Nu’est, B.A.P, and all these other groups around. I am definitely excited for their next comeback, SHINee fighting!


-Cassis&Yuanie-

No comments:

Post a Comment