Tuesday, January 1, 2013

End of the Year Special: MBC Gayo Daejun 2012



image

This is a really long post as I reviewed all the performances. Image heavy


Opening: I liked the MC opening. Something the other Gayo Daejuns haven't done. I didn't particular love the performance itself, but I liked how the MCs had their own performance. I absolutely love the energy that MCs have. They seem more relaxed, comfortable and excited. The MCs for SBS and KBS seemed more formal. All the performers weren't shown in the beginning, but for some reason, I didn't mind. I'm totally pleased with this Gayo Daejun so far and it's only been the opening.


image

Shinee&f(x):
image
I always give brownie points to performers who start off in the audience. Wow, didn't know Amber sounded like that. I approve. What an awesome performance to start with. It wasn't perfect of course, not everyone could be heard. Either way,  they all were great and hyper, but the one that impressed me the most was Amber. SM, you need to give the girl more lines.

B.A.P&Secret:
image
Oh dear, my babies. B.A.P and their love for military themes. I did not like what Hyosung was wearing. Show your stomach or show your legs. Pick one. Damn, jealousy rage. Two boys for one girl? B.A.P boys at that. The performance got a little sloppy as it went on. I don't get fan girl crazy with k-pop dancing, but this was decent enough. Not disappointed.

Ailee:
image
The little mini drama story was meh. It's very MBC. The performance though. Wow. I'm about to have a girl crush. She hasn't disappointed me in any of the Gayo Daejuns. She's been consistent and brought me relief when all the other performances were dull. Definitely isn't a rookie. I hope she
continues on strong in 2013.

Roh Ji Hoon (with Ailee):
image
His belt dance. I only saw him perform once. His belt. Stare at my crotch, it's saying. I'm just staring at his crotch wondering when he's going to move his belt again. He was actually pretty good overall. I liked how his performance was his and Ailee came at the end instead of it being some weird duet with his song. That was the most realistic pretending-to-kiss kiss I've seen in k-pop performances.

A-Pink:
image
Ah, A-Pink. So we meet again. I couldn't finish their performance on SBS Gayo Daejun. It was just too horrible. It must be freezing cold out there. I feel bad for everyone out there. I wonder why they had two stages with one being outside. A-pink's legs must have been frozen. Lots of singers had to deal with performing in the cold, so they can do it too, especially with "decent" clothes. I'm so glad the beginning is different from SBS's. That voice was horrible. For the performance, it was better than SBS's. However, they seem like rookies. As in, they debuted two months ago. Not great.

Girls' Day:
image
Minah almost fell. I'm cold looking at them. Random screen time to a backup dancer that looks confused as hell. Okay. I almost couldn't pay attention to anything because I kept thinking how cold they looked. The way the song was cut was cut was better than how a lot of other songs are cut, but it bothered me a little.

100%:
image
I think I heard about this group. I'm not sure. Who are you people? They're dressed so inadequately for the weather. Someone looks like a bird with those sleeves. Hm, they weren't as horrible as I was expecting them to be. Definitely not 100%. I'm assuming they're rookies. They seem like they just debuted a couple of months ago. If that's so, the performance wasn't that bad. It was decent.

BIGSTAR:
image
Again, who are you people? BIGSTAR? Reminds me BIGBANG. BIGBANG is better. BIGSTAR is very cute. Going with the cute concept. All I could think was "aw". It's not really a good thing. More of it was a pity "aw". I only remember two people singing. The performance was okay. Forgettable.

TEENTOP (Boom's Special Corner):
image
That wasn't great at all. I just like the fact that they're covering their seniors' song. It's just a special performance so it's just to enjoy. On the other hand, three days and I still don't like them. This one guy who sings the most has the most horrible voice. No thank you. Good try with the performances.

Kara (Boom's Special Corner):
image
I don't like the giant bows on their dresses. Not pretty. I also don't like the patch of red on their white dresses. It makes me think that Mother Nature visited them when they were sitting. Nothing fantastic about the performance. Seriously though. I can't focus on anything except their period dresses.

K.Will (Boom's Special Corner):
image
Haha, I love when he does stages like these. I'm being totally biased, but I loved this. HAHA. I need a HD version of this performance. This 360p isn't cutting it. Poor baby, his performance was the only one I couldn't find in HD so far. He was so cute. Love.

Miss A (Boom's Special Corner):
image
Aw, their outfits are cute. Their hair wasn't great. I didn't like the cloth around their knees, but I figured it was to protect their knees for the dance. I was right, yay. Where's Suzy? This is my second performance in Boom's Special Corner (I actually don't know what the corner is called) after K.Will's. It was easiest to enjoy.

Dal★Shabet:
image
Well. That was unpleasant. I don't like this group at all since they debuted. Their songs are horrible. This song was horrible. The performance was okay. I couldn't like their performance because I didn't like them. Too cutesy. Way too cutesy.

A-JAX:
image
I have never heard of this group. I even thought their song title was the name of the group. For the first 3 seconds, they gave me a TVXQ feel. Interesting. One of them has a giant ugly flower on his lapel. Okay. Never mind. Definitely not TVXQ. What was I thinking? If they debuted two months ago, then it's was okay. That was a pretty boring performance.

GaIn:
image
I found her silhouette to be very appealing. If your silhouette looks good, you must looking amazing. My opinion, anyways. I don't like the remix. Yuck. I love GaIn. I wasn't in love with the performance, but I still thought it was good. The remix ruined everything. Immensely better than the last couple of performances.

Son DamBi:
image
Oh, hello. Crazy was wow. I wish it was longer. The chair dance was a little awkward for me. Dripping Tears was really nice. Me like a lot. I loved everything about this performance, minus the chair dance. The remix was nice. She was on point for everything. Two amazing performances in a row, yippee!

EXO-K:
image
The poor babies! In the cold! I really hate this outside stage. It's so stupid. Where's my EXO-M? Sad. The performance was a little disappointing. Not because of the cold or the lack of EXO-M members, but in general. The screaming part which always gets me hyped up was mediocre. Not even. The camera pissed me off. What makes you think I want to see them from far away. The sky. The audience. Their back. What. No. Huge disappointment in this entire performance.

BTOB:
image
Once again, I know nothing about this group. First twenty seconds and I don't think I'll like this performance. "Get your swag." Swag. Oh dear. No thank you. Their clothes. Okay. I hate everything about this. The group. The song. Everything. For some reason though, out of the outside performers thus far, I think BTOB did the best. I only thought that for a split second, but I thought it nonetheless.

Epik High:
image
What is Park Bom wearing? It reminds me of a jester's clothes or a circus tent. Bom is performing with Epik High because they performed UP which Bom features in. Forgetting appearances, Park Bom sounded really good today. I hate Park Bom so I never think she's good at anything, but today, I was impressed. The main performers, Epik High, wow. Wow. Whoa. This is how people should perform. I was all happy and ecstatic. I like. I love. I even raised my volume so I could hear better. Whoo! Epik High!

MBLAQ:
image
Aw, Seungho's arm is in a cast. Didn't know that. Hope it heals soon. I never really liked This is War, but I liked this version. A lot. What I didn't like was the masked backup dancer replacing Seungho. I seriously hate when groups do that. Unexpectedly, I greatly enjoyed this performance. It would have been near perfect had Seungho been able to dance with them. Clap. Clap. Sorry Seungho, you're not in the picture.

Secret:
image
The werewolf intro was not needed. Other than that, I absolutely loved this performance. Their solo dances were nicely included. They seemed really tired though, so it wasn't as great as it could have been. There were a little iffy parts in the song, but overall I give this performance a thumbs up. I like.

T-ARA:
image
Today's performance was the best out of the three days. It's not a compliment. They should be. The audience was so supportive and loud. If they were dead like they were in the other Gayo Daejuns, they're not worth it. One or two of them were still dead today. Tsk. I loved the remix. The way they mixed Sexy Love and Lovey Dovey was well done. I'd give them an above average personal score for this performance. Compared to the performers today, it was average.

B1A4:
image
For the first time, B1A4 was okay to me. See if people defended B1A4 against me when they were like this then I would think of those fans were silly. I'm not a fan after this performance nor do I like them. They're what I said they are. Okay. It's a compliment. Take it.

INFINITE:
image
HAHA. L. Your hair is so sparkly. I think slowly in these past few days, INFINITE is gaining a new fan. This performance was lovely. I might watch it again. If you're a fan of them, I think you'll like this performance. Of course, I don't have any other performance of theirs to back my claim on besides the Gayo Daejuns, but this performance was really good.

Cool (with Gayoon):
image
I was worried that Gayoon would ruin the performance. To me, Gayoon ruins all special performances she's apart of. She did okay in this one. I won't go as far as to say she ruined it, but yeah. Yeah.

Cool (with Lizzy):
image
I actually thought Lizzy would better than Gayoon, but they're about even. Lizzy was more forgettable though. I was a little surprised when I saw her at the end of the performance because I forgot she was a part of it.

Cool (with Soyu):
image
Out of the three girls, Soyu did the best. No question about it for me. She should have just been the only one.

KOYOTE:
image
I loved this performance. What more can I say? All I did was enjoy the performance likes all those idols at the side that MBC loves to show during KOYOTE's performance.

JoKwon&GaIn:
image
ADAM COUPLE?! YES. I MISSED THEM. They're so cute together. This stage was adorable. One of the best We Got Married couples. MBC, I love you for setting up this performance. Their little dance. The end. Both their songs. YAY. I LOVE IT.

Kwanghee&Sunhwa:
image
The transition between the two songs were so harsh. Didn't like that too much. Before they even started to perform, I already deemed Adam Couple as the winners. I didn't think Kwanghee and Sunhwa would have a chance. Surprisingly, they passed my expectations. I definitely loved the Adam Couple 100 times more, but I liked the chemistry between Kwanghee and Sunhwa. Me gusta both performances.

f(x):
image
Wow. For a second, I thought Krystal was wearing a one piece. It's not. Whew. This hurt my eyes so much. There's too many things going on at once. Attack of the animal prints. Crazy light show. Spasm of the image screen. I couldn't even enjoy the performance. I just wanted it to stop. Two Gayo Daejuns and both stage have been amazingly horrible for these girls.

After School:
image
Wow. Most of the girls looked really fine. Not all, but most. Good enough. The remix is so much better than the original. I barely remember the original so I can't compare a lot. Either way, I liked the remix. I saw some new faces that I must have missed last time. They were...sure. The stage lights need to stop.

Dynamic Duo&Primary:
image
Haha, the box head in the back. I'm sad I couldn't find a HD version of this. I love all the non-"idol" performances. They know the stage and how to work it. Their performances never disappoint.

CN Blue, FT Island&Juniel:
image
These two bands have been top notch for all the Gayo Daejuns. I'm really impressed. I think I need to start paying attention to CN Blue again. I was excited about this performance even before they started hoping that it'd be just as good. They didn't let me down. I was a little worried about Juniel, but she fit right in. She didn't stick out in a bad way and didn't bring the two bands down. All three worked together to create an awesome stage.

Park Myung Soo (with B1A4, Ailee&crazyno):
image
HAHA. What is Park Myung Soo wearing. He's hilarious that he's dressed up to look cool. I didn't pay attention to anybody except for Park Myung Soo. I'm still ecstatic that he won the daesang for MBC and here he is on MBC Gayo Daejun performing. Congratulations! Bias opinion, but he was awesome here. Go Park Myung Soo! This was the last performance for 2012 in Korea.

2NE1&Lee Hi:
image
The first performance for 2013 in Korea. CL went from a chicken to a flamingo. Can she see with those glasses? Wow. YG ladies are really something special. Lee Hi was really comfortable on stage today. CL was impressive as usual. This performance was worthy of being the first performance for 2013. Dara looked pretty. Not in her usual unique attire. I'm definitely watching this again. Definitely won't be sick and tired of this performance.

BIGBANG:
image
Second performance for 2013? I approve. Greatly. First or second. Highly approve. Aww, Seungri looks so adorable with that hair. Oh man. Big Bang style, here we go. What is Taeyang wearing? His hair! Oh dear. Did TOP visit Buckingham Palace recently? Daesung, your hair. Only Seungri looks normal. Oh, Big Bang, haha. If a camera is going to go on stage to get a close up of the members, then use that shot. Don't use the shot from the camera that caught the camera on stage. What is that on the backup dancers' face? Toilet paper? A baby doll. Hm, didn't see Lee Hi at the end. Overall, BOOM SHAKALAKA. WOW, FANTASTIC BABY.

B.A.P:
image
Yay! Third performance for 2013. I'm very pleased with this lineup right now. WHOO. That was a good performance. I hated the lights at the end to death, but oh well. B.A.P! Totally biased right now. I thought the dance was pretty good, but I kind of forgot about it as soon as I finished watching.

TEENTOP&100%:
image
There's an army on stage. The necklaces. They look cheap. So many people. They all look the same. Don't know who's who. It was decent during Sorry Sorry, after that it was meh. I'll never like Teen Top. It got infinitely more dull. Boring. I didn't bother finishing. They killed the lineup. Sad.

K.Will:
image
K.Will! Yays. Whoa. The stage. The thing on the mic stand reminds me of brass knuckles. I liked how the image screen in the back spelled his song. I love his performances. He sings so well. Me gusta. Like.

2AM:
image
Wow. The first song was beautiful. It really was. The second song was beautiful too, but the first song. I wish they sang the first song completely. 2AM should promote some more. It's really a nice change from those dance idols. 2AM is an idol, but the ballad change is refreshing. Still can't stop thinking about the first song. Those first few seconds were whoa.

Miss A:
image
I like the typewriter on the image screen. Typing the lyrics in English. I only wanted to stare at that. Everything was going great until Min's dance break. They could have left that out. Besides that, I loved the remix.

4Minute:
image
I suppose if you like 4Minute, you'll like this performance. As for me, ridiculously boring. I only remember two people singing. What a awful performance. Oh man. This was not for me at all. This girls went from bad to decent then back to bad.

Park Jin Young:
image
This man is a great artist. He knows what he's doing on stage, but most importantly, he knows that the stage is his playground. His voice isn't heavenly to me, but his singing and his stage presence is.

Sistar:
image
The remix was too weird for me. The head banging stuff? The song doesn't match. The one who rocked the stage most was Bora. Rock. Rock remix. Har. As for vocals, Soyou stood out more than Hyorin for me. I liked everything except for the remix and the choreography. Bleh.

KARA (with house Rulez):
image
Ew, their accessories thing. Celebrating New Years'? Still no. The intro was no too. There was a tall monk dancing. This was one of the worst performances out of all the Gayo Daejuns. The remix was horrible. The random dancing. Their song was just no for this performance. They should have just covered another song. I just can't. No.

Beast:
image
I realized from this performance that I don't like the middle stage. The people in the back can only see the people's back. At least if they're on the main stage everyone can see their front. Other than that I liked this performance. They were bouncing and running. Keep the audience from falling asleep!

Shinee:
image
Wow. That was intense. Go Shinee. Jonghyun ripped his ear piece off at the end. Wow. Jonghyun's not one of my favorites so I tend not to pay attention to him, but today he demanded it. He got it. One of the best performances for the night. Everyone looked good too, which is a plus. Usually their hair or clothes or both look no, but today was wow. Their performance was top notch too. Like.

Super Junior:
image
Their clothes. Heck no. Eunhyuk's hair. Heck no. There was nothing special about the performance. The song was no thank you. The only parts that got my attention were the dance breaks. Especially Shindong's. Other than that, I already forgot about their performance and I just watched it.

TVXQ:
image
The intro made me miss them as 5. I hate their outfits. These lights needs to stop. Their outfit is so distracting. Honestly, this was just another TVXQ performance. There was really nothing extravagant about it or anything horrendously terrible.

Ending: All the artists singing. Looking at the stage...wow, so many performers. Glad they picked a happy song.

The MCs for the night:

image


image

These two were MCs for the outside stage performances.

Overall: This was the best Gayo Daejun this year. The performances were consistently exciting. Each Gayo Daejun had their pros and cons, but looking at it in whole, MBC was the best. I didn't like how the camera showed random things like the sky, too much of the audience, the performers' backs, etc. The crazy lights really made this hard to watch sometimes. The outside stage was ridiculous. Who even thought of that? The MCs were immensely better than the MCs of the previous Gayo Daejuns. Good job, MBC. Happy New Year everyone!

-Cassis-

No comments:

Post a Comment