Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Impression: SNSD "I Got A Boy" mv

First thought: Finally released, I been waiting for awhile.

Even though I am not a big fan of SNSD I still pay attention to some of their new releases. I actually really like their style in this comeback, everyone looks great besides Sunny. I don't know why I can't like her short weird color hair. It's just not for me. The beginning was typical SNSD, all the girls together looking cutesy. I don't know about the song though, first 2 min I couldn't remember anything they were singing/rapping. However the rapping was good.


Also this guy in the mv, I never got to see his face. Okay the mv is about SNSD but still the guy was featured so at least let me see him! Poor thing, just some guy. The song is about how great the boy is but no, all I get is a body with hair on top.


2 min into the mv and I didn't think the song was catchy, then I heard the dubstep that reminded me so much of "Crayon" and the chorus. I gotta say it's catchy. I don't like the lyrics that much but it can get stuck in your head for a little bit. Also I like how there's a close up of each member, so they all got their fair share of screen time. Sometimes some members are just forgotten, like there's 3 girls that I always mix up too.


If I HAD to pick a bias in SNSD (not that I really love any of them) it's Yoona. I always liked her better than the others, probably because the first time I saw her was in a drama and thought she was an actress. I have to say she looks great in this comeback, and Tiffany. Those two stood out for me in the mv. Also Yoona rapped, does she rap? Maybe because I don't pay too much attention but I thought she sang. That was cute.


I hate those wigs. I winced when I saw it. Those are so heck no. It's orange, and all the girls wear the same wig. Why? Just when I think I can't really pick on the mv this comes up. Woah I don't find that cute at all. The outfit doesn't help either. They look like ailens with orange hair. No, they better not wear those in a live perf.

Conclusion: The song seems choppy to me. After watching the mv I didn't remember anything besides what I have heard in the teaser. The mv was ruined by the orange wigs. I guess this is a good comeback, haven't payed this much attention to SNSD since..."Run Devil Run" days. I thought their debut in US was...sad. This concept is actually more acceptable to me, I like fun styles more than sexy or cute. Lyrics...meh. Not much meaning to them but easy to remember. Way to start the year SNSD, I think their fans will be really happy.

-Yuanie-

Read Cass' impression here.



No comments:

Post a Comment