Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Korean Rant: Mandatory Military Service


image

There needs to be an end to these ridiculous privileges given to Korean celebrities who are serving in their mandatory military service.

Why does it matter which celebrity is going to the military when? Why is it just another opportunity for attention-seeking celebrities to gain more attention?

What does it matter how they’re adjusting to their new military life? What does it matter what awards they’ve won? I’d rather learn about my own family’s well-being.

Why are they able to take more leaves than the those who aren’t celebrities? Why are there no consequences? A few articles of officials looking into it? Okay. That’s going to do a whole lot. These privileges should end after they look into it. Ha. Sure.

I know there are incidents where “normal” male Koreans try to evade their military service. I know. But these are people in the public eye who already have different privileges. They don’t need more.
Those who go and come back from the military (the real military - not desk job military) really have my respect in this. There are some who have finished their military service when I didn’t even know they left.

It’s just incredibly stupid. Ranting doesn’t even make me feel better.

-Cassis-

No comments:

Post a Comment