Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Impression: Youai's "I Got A Boy"

image
“Girls bring the boys out!”
“I got a boy.”
“You too? I got a boy!”

What timing for this rookie singer. To come out with her song just days after SNSD’s I Got A Boy. Not only does the title of her song scream SNSD, the pink color is dripping with SNSD. The spelling of her name, Youai, in Korean reminds me of IU’s name in Korean too. 유아이 (Youai). 아이유 (IU).

On to the song. It’s like J-pop. Anime style. Perfect for karaoke.

Forget the song though. Her voice. Oh my. Something terrible is going on. Nail on chalkboard. Knife on glass bottle. Squealing pig. Worse than all that.

So squeaky. Her voice is weak and unstable. Squeaky. Her high notes. Squeaky. My ears. Squeaky. Never again. Please. Squeaky. No.

-Cassis-

*Invades Cass' post* “Youai’s song has an upbeat vibe with disco elements. The song will showcase her sexiness and is expected to impress with great live performances.” allkpop’s best troll yet.

-Yuanie-

No comments:

Post a Comment