Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Impression: SNSD's "Dancing Queen" MV

image
Before we begin: I was curious as to why the phone went back to 2008 and why their hair color at the start of the song was not current. They made the MV during Gee, apparently.

Now we begin: Just like Gee, Tiffany and Jessica start with their English. They’re even wearing Gee type clothes. You could at least change the clothing style.


image


image
What is with that dance. Some kind of bbuing bbuing cat dance. Reminds me of T-ARA, minus the gigantic clown paws. Their face expression. It’s so disgustingly cute. Bbuing bbuing everyone to death why don’t you. It’s not a compliment.

Seriously, they couldn’t get new clothes for this song? It just seems so lazy. It also seems like just in case you forgot, we’re the ones who sang Gee. Gee. The song that made us popular. Don’t forget.

image
If I saw that picture without knowing it’s from Dancing Queen, I would assume it’s from Gee. Even though I know it’s from Dancing Queen, all I see is Gee.

The same five people get solo camera time. It may not be true. Didn’t count. What matters is that’s what it seems. SNSD and the backup dancers.

I’d rather listen to the original song. Even Lee Hi was better. I’ve read what Sones said about Lee Hi in SNSD’s defense, so that sentence means a lot to some of you Sones.

It’s very forgettable and I want to forget it. I mentioned in my First Impression: SNSD’s I Got A Boy MVFirst Impression: SNSD's I Got A Boy MV post that their songs sneak into my brain, but not this one. Not everything SNSD does is gold.



image

Yuanie specifically told me to include that she hates this song too.
-Cassis-

1 comment:

  1. tape an mv, don't release it, release gee, wait five years, release dancing queen mv, shows how much the girls have changed and how much they've stayed the same. regardless how people feel about the song, i think that was a brilliant maneuver by sment.

    ReplyDelete