Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Impression - Roh Ji Hoon


First thought: Woah you are good looking. Hellooooooooooooo there Mr.

I learned about him through allkpop, and I thought he was good looking and seemed promising. A male soloist from Cube? That's fresh, all I've seen lately is more and more groups debuting. Then his first song "Punishment" was released.

I don't know if I like seeing him tied up in a chair like that, leads us into thinking stuff *cough*. Anyways I watched the mv and the song was catchy. I'm just going to combine the review for his mv here, since it's his first one so it fits the first impression theme.

This part confused me a lot, it seems like they just saw each other on the street and he decides to follow her cause she's hot. Okay, stalker, pervert. Just follow any women you like.


Then came that belt dance....I face palmed. I seriously don't like watching a guy giving himself wedgies, even if he is as good looking as Roh Ji Hoon. I was getting uncomfortable watching 7 guys moving their pants up and down. I worried for his pants too, I was waiting for it to fall off during the live perf in MBC gayo daejun lol. Did this get my attention? Yush, but now I shall remember him more for his wedgies.

Lol that doesn't look like a punishment to me.

I found the kiss totally unnecessary, his fans are mostly female. Females don't like watching the guy they like kiss another female. Yeah, way to go Cube. This is such a good way to promote him. That kind of killed my interest for him somewhat, if I want to fangirl over a guy I prefer him to not have any female contact. Not that it's going to happen but let me live in my dream.

I listened to rest of his album, "The Next Big Thing" and I like most of the songs but nothing really stood out. They were just good, no wow-factor but I can listen to it more than once.

Conclusion: I don't like the sexy concept he went with, so I was disappointed honestly. I am willing to give him a second chance when he has a comeback. He is a good performer and he has the looks. I loved seeing him with Ailee at the MBC gayo daejun where he almost (?) kissed her, but then I remembered the belt dance and that killed everything. I do like the songs and his voice, so I am looking forward to his new releases and please, no more belts.

-Yuanie-

Invades Yuanie’s post. I wonder what AJ (Kikwang from B2ST) thinks when he sees the success Roh Ji Hoon is gaining.
-Random

No comments:

Post a Comment