Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jung Sisters vs. Fanning Sisters

image
The issue: The pictures on the right of the Jessica and Krystal (Jung Sisters) for jewelry brand STONEHENGE closely resembles the pictures on the left of Dakota and Elle (Fanning Sisters). Read more about it here.

I do think they’re both beautiful pictures, but it’s a little disappointing that they’re almost exact copies. I can’t help but think there was no originality and creativity involved with the Jung sisters’. This is more than a model having the same pose as another model. Could be a coincidence though.

Jung Sisters vs. Fanning Sisters: In my opinion, Dakota and Elle was exceptional. They’re on a different level. In the top picture, I love how Dakota is looking at Elle. Her stare is completely different compared to Jessica’s. Everything looks so calculated for Jessica. Let me place my hand like so and hover over your lips like so. Dakota and Elle makes me wonder where they’re going or why she’s putting that lipstick on her. I don’t wonder any of that from the Jung Sisters. Krystal looks dead. Jessica could be putting lipstick on a mannequin and I wouldn’t know the difference.

In the bottom picture, it seemed like Elle actually whispered something to Dakota. When I saw Jessica and Krystal’s picture, I honestly thought that must be uncomfortable if they weren’t sisters. A face that close while waiting for a picture. No. Everything is again calculated. Calculated in a way that makes them think they look prettier. It’s painfully obviously it’s a photo shoot. Jessica’s looking directly into the camera. That is so awkward. The Fanning Sisters look as if they were caught in the moment. It’s beautiful.

-Cassis-

No comments:

Post a Comment