Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Impression: SNSD's "I Got A Boy" MV

image
Before the song: The beginning screamed so much of Oh! it made me not want to listen. Oh! was a repulsive song. I thought I Got A Boy would be just as horrendous. The beginning made me laugh. It’s so stupid. Who looks through a peephole like that and all at once with eight other people? Definitely just trying to look cute.
image

During the song: They get prettier after every MV. The beginning with Sooyoung and Yuri rapping really impressed me. It got my attention at least. I even though that the song wouldn’t be half bad.

image
The first thing I looked at was their clothes and hair. I looked at Hyoyeon first because she seems to get clothes from a dumpster and stylists who want to kill her hair. She looked normal. Yay. Everyone else looked good with their clothes and hair. Except for Sunny. That wig. No
image

As soon as the rap was over and it changed to this (above), I instantly hated it. I’ll say this right now about their clothes. Even though it’s not my fault that I’m thinking this. It’s all the Sones and Blackjacks. SNSD looks like they were trying to be 2NE1 but they only knew how to be SNSD.
The dance is different from their usual style. It’s more…powerful I could say.

image

Is that how the chorus is going to start every time? With Tiffany stopping the music and to a dubstep? Because that was definitely a no. I was so confused.

image

Whoa. What’s up with the wigs. That’s hideous. It’s funny because it’s ridiculous. All I can do is laugh.
A lot of the girls look so awkward dancing. They only look good dancing to their simple choreography. The dance is “powerful” but it’s still so cutesy feeling.
I hate how the chorus starts. This song feels like two or three songs edited together into one song. Such a clash.

Overall: The beginning rap was the best part. The song was harsh because it really felt horribly put together. I had to strain to see Hyoyeon as usual. The ones who always get the most screen time got the most screen time again in this MV. Everyone except Sunny looked fantastic. No one in particular stood out because their look would change depending on their hair. It’s easy to see who SM sees as beautiful based on their clothes and hair. The thing about SNSD is that no matter how much I hate their song in the beginning, it’ll creep inside my brain and start playing in my head. Even though it’ll probably do that for this song, the song was not enjoyable or appealing. The MV was okay. It smelled of SNSD.

-Cassis-

Read my co-blogger’s (Yuanie) take on the MV here.



No comments:

Post a Comment