Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First Impression: SPEED's "That's My Fault" MV (Drama Ver.)




image
Before the MV: If it wasn’t for Yuanie (she reviewed the Dance Version), I would never have watched this MV. I heard the name SPEED before but knew nothing about them. Before I watched it, I told Yuanie I was most definitely not going to waste 13 minutes watching the video. I was just going to skim to find the scene where the guy got shot. I ended up watching the MV four times.

The MV:
image
I was so confused within the first 30 seconds. I didn’t know which one of these guys was the main. I didn’t know who the camera wanted me to focus on. When the second woman entered, I thought the two girls hated each other. I should just stop guessing. I’m horrible. Moving on. My happiness level decreased knowing the guys were already dead before the start of the MV.

image
Be a man! You’re going to cower like that after throwing punches because he raised his fist?! No. I laughed at you. These punches looked really fake. Typical. When the other gang leader came out, I did pay attention more. Half because I thought this was the scene Yuanie mentioned and half because hello there.

image
I was excited that he ran after her. But excuse me, that is not how you make a woman feel safe. Walking behind her like that with eyes that say she’ll be perfect for my dinner tonight. I don’t think so.

image
This pulled out a tiny aw from me. She got hurt, he wraps her wound. Aw. Their feelings are blossoming. Aw.

image
Of course she would the younger sister of the leader of the rival gang. I’d be surprised if she had no connection to him. The other guy could care less. He just met a beautiful woman that’s he wants to woo. His whoo-hoo as he was leaving was adorable. Again, aw. They don’t know what’s going to happen! No! Sad.

image
Aw. He went in to save a girl. Now that’s a man! The more I say aw the more pieces my heart’s going to shatter in to at the end.

image
How cute! He’s stacking matches while waiting for his date. He got surprised when he saw her. Aw! They’re too adorable. Happy ending. Want. They’re so shy. He’s the leader of a gang and he’s shy. Pets.

image
Aw! He got captured while saving the girl. No! I don’t want you to be there. Stop. No. Run away. Sad face.

[Hiding the rest of the post under “read more” break - too long]




image
Yes! Put your differences aside. Help each other. Bromance. Not really. That’s the way to impress your crush. Save her brother.

image
I have to admit, this short scene distracted me. It’s difficult to see in the pictures, but the sign says “pigs’ feet”. It made me want some.

image
This is one of my favorite scenes in the MV. The four of them together in a short moment of relief. They’re with the ones they love. They’re relived, but they can’t smile. They’re frustrated and angry. I need to bite someone’s head off.

image
Oh no. They’re going to take her. They’re going to kill her. Stop. No. Don’t be mean to ladies. Leave her alone. Big bully.

image
Oh, happy day! Alliance. Not really. I sense death. I can be happy for this brief moment.

image
I refuse to accept this. The bastard told them to fire and now this guy is dead. He just died. Walking. Didn’t even fight. No. I hate this.

image
Question. Can you die like that? It’s an honest question. I thought he’d fall over.

image
I hate this. I need the second part. They’re all going to die. No happy ending. I hate this. No. Rage. No.

Rant: He died. Why did he have to die. He died just walking. That stupid bastard. I loved the end when the his girlfriend and his rival was pulled back by people. Trying so hard to reach the person they love and the person they hate. He’s going to die too. I can’t.

Overall: I’m going to watch the MV at least five more times. I absolutely loved it. Granted I love MVs and shows that incorporate real life events into it. I don't know what exactly it is about this that I can’t get enough of. The history? The romance? My hatred for the bastard that’s most likely going to kill the other guy? I don’t know. All I know is that I loved the MV by itself and I raged at the end. The song was nice. It was very CCM. However, SPEED definitely got my attention.

-Cassis-

No comments:

Post a Comment